Recoil® Screw Thread Inserts
The Simple, Cost Effective System for Repairing or Creating Stronger Threads
THREAD REPAIR KITS
Recoil Thread Repair Kits contain a quality HSS tap, installation tool, precision stainless steel inserts (standard length is 1.5 x diameter) and instructions, in a sturdy reusable container. Recoil has a full range of problem solving repair kits, available in single or multiple size format.
link to Screw Thread Kits, American Thread Forms
link to Screw Thread Kits, Metric Thread Forms
link to Screw Thread Kits, British Thread Forms
link to Insert Specifications and Cross References
link to Power Insertion Tools
link to Manual installation tools
Recoil stainless steel inserts are manufactured in a full range
of thread forms and lengths and available in convenient replacement
packets, or bulk.
|Features the simple Recoil repair kit installation tool for general maintenance use. Also offered is a wide range of semi-automatic, electric and pneumatic installation tools, High Speed Steel Taps, and complete Installation Systems for production applications.|
|Simple installation tool.(STIT)|
|Prewinder type installation tool. (STITPW) Recommended for installing locking inserts|
Recoil inserts are the quick and easy method for repairing
damaged threads, or creating stronger original threads in alloys
and composite materials in original equipment manufacture.
- Create stronger threads in most materials.
- Made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- Simplifies changeover from unified to metric and vice versa.
- Interchangeable with other brands of inserts and tooling.
- Reduces thread wear.
- Wide temperature tolerance.
This versatility makes Recoil Inserts suitable for a wide range
Commonly used in automotive machine shops for spark plug and
general thread repairs.
Recoil thread repair kits help prevent costly machine downtime
Range Kits, a multiple size kit format, are widely used in maintenance
As Recoil creates superior threads with greater holding power
in most materials they are widely used in original equipment manufacture
such as electronics, automotive, aerospace, plastics, etc.
How RECOIL WORKS
Recoil inserts are made from high quality stainless steel wire, with a diamond shaped cross section, wound to the shape of a spring thread. The insert, which is larger in diameter than the tapped holes is compressed during installation then allowed go spring back, permanently anchoring the insert in the tapped hole.
Because of the larger diameter, the Recoil insert has a greater contact area and is normally stronger the original threads.
- Recoil's Quality System is accredited to ISO9001 and TS157.
- Installed inserts meet current Military and Aviation Standards.
- Recoils are made from corrosion resistant 304 (18-8) Stainless
Steel and can be used in applications where temperatures range
up to 430°C, 800° F.
- Inserts are available to meet the following specifications:
- MS 122076 Series, Insert, corrosion resistant. Helical
coil, coarse thread.
- MS 124651 Series, Insert, corrosion resistant. Helical
coil, fine thread.
- MS 21209 Series, Insert, screw thread, screw locking.
- MIL-1-8846 C, Insert, screw thread. Helical coil.
- MA 3329, 3330, 3331, Metric screw locking series.
- MA 3279, 3280, 3281, Metric free running series.
- MA 1565, 1567, Metric free running and screw locking,
- MS 33537 Revision E, Assembly dimensions for screw
- BS 4377, BS 7751, BS 7752
- AS 6733 Series, AS 8455 Series, AGS 3600 Series.
- DIN8140 Part 1, Wire thread inserts for ISO metric screw threads.
THE RECOIL RANGE
Provides individual or multiple size repair kit format in a
wide range of Unified, Metric, NPT, Spark Plug and British Standard
- Inserts are available in five lengths,1 x dia. to 3 x dia.
- Inserts are available as replacement packs, bulk or stripfeed.
- Inserts are available in free running or screw lock style
for applications where the thread assembly is subject to vibration.
- Inserts can be supplied in Inconel X-750 for high temperature
- Coatings such as cadmium, silver and dry film lubricant are
- High speed taps (STT) with either intermediate, taper or bottoming
leads and spiral point or spiral flute for machine applications.
- Wide range of tools and accessories:
Hand (STIT) and semi-automatic insertion (STITPW), and tang break off tools (STTB).
Electric and pneumatic insertion tools.
Production work arms and stripfeed systems.